Caring For it
PROPER CARE WILL ENSURE A LIFETIME OF BEAUTY
We make it a point to educate our customers on proper stone care. To keep your stone, tile & grout surfaces looking their best, follow some simple but important care instructions. Download our Stone and Tile Care Guide for all of our care tips and information.
We strongly recommend you use only quality products designated safe for natural stone. Don't hesitate to ask us for recommendations.
Here are some other quick pointers to keep in mind.
- Acidic liquids (wine, orange juice, tomato paste, a whole lot of other foods and just about all the cleaning products you buy straight off the grocery store shelf) will eat into marble, travertine, limestone, onyx, alabaster and some slates, leaving etch marks.
- To minimize or prevent this and other kinds of damage to your natural stone surfaces download our free Stone and Tile Care Guide.
- Clean up spills as quickly as possible. Do not rub a spill, simply blot it up.
- Use coasters under glasses, particularly those containing alcohol or citrus juices.
- Use place mats under dishes, glasses and silverware, which could scratch the surface.
- Play it safe. Use trivets or mats under hot dishes. Do not set them directly on your natural stone.
- Avoid using cleaners that do not specifically state they are safe for natural stone, not only on the stone, but also on items nearby. For example, overspray from cleaning mirrors, or drips or splashes from toilet bowl cleaners can easily damage the stone beneath or around them if they are not specifically stone safe.